Baby Otter Swim School, Inc. is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Founded by Marlene Bloom and Mindy York, the school specializes in water survival training for children as young as three-months old, as well as adults.
The school's goals are simple and revolve around Bloom and York's dedication to preventing drowning accidents.
1. Train every child and adult in the specialized water survival program of Turn, Kick, Reach.
2. Educate the public on the importance of drowning prevention and the steps to take to prevent such tragedies. This is accomplished through seminars, training materials, educational DVDs, and CPR classes.
3. To provide extensive training to others via the school's master trainers. Baby Otter Swim School will travel the country to expand its Turn, Kick, Reach program by training instructors on how to teach this survival skill.
4. To provide access to water survival and swimming lessons to people with special needs. Baby Otter Swim School has been very successful in teaching water survival and swimming skills to children who are autistic, sight-impaired, hearing-impaired, or diagnosed with Down Syndrome. This enables these children to be capable of saving themselves if they fall into water and also provides empowering socialization skills.
5. To offer continuing education for all of its instructors throughout the country on new techniques in drowning prevention, in addition to continual water training.
6. To develop educational and safety products, such as informative DVDs, books, and toys.
For more information, please contact Michelle Tennant at firstname.lastname@example.org.